Children who are aged 3 or 4 at our nursery school are eligible for Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) if their families meet certain criteria.
This extra funding of around £300 per child per year will be spent in a variety of ways to support your children’s learning and development. You will be asked to complete an application form for EYPP alongside the other forms required to register for our nursery school. The aim of the Early Years Pupil Premium is to close the gap between children from disadvantaged backgrounds and other children by providing additional funding to settings such as ours, therefore providing the opportunity to raise the quality of provision we offer.
In order to be able to claim this funding we require parents to sign the funding agreement which asks for details of parent’s date of birth and National Insurance number.
Which three-and four-year-olds will be eligible for the EYPP?
A child will be eligible for the EYPP if they:
- Are in a low-income family and their parents are in receipt of benefits (one or more), for example, Child Tax Credit and Income Support;
- Have been adopted from care;
- Have left care through special guardianship;
- Have been looked after by the local authority for at least the span of one day;
- Are subject to a child arrangement order.