The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum
The curriculum consists of everything that the child experiences in school.
It is designed to meet the school’s aims by fostering the physical, social, emotional, spiritual and cognitive development of each child. Our aim is to create a child-centred learning environment that is not only secure and inviting but also stimulating and challenging.
The children are learning mainly through play, and we plan and teach around the seven areas of Learning and Development of the new Early Years Foundation Stage Framework (2021).
There are three prime areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical development
There are four specific areas:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Please log onto the links below to view the booklet, and read about the guided support that will help you as a parent to know what to expect during these vital important years
What to expect, when?
In addition the new guidance outlines the Characteristics of Effective Learning which are particularly important to us in the nursery school.
These characteristics are:
- Playing and Exploring-engagement: Finding out and exploring; playing with what they know; and being willing to “have a go”.
- Active Learning-motivation: Being involved and concentrating; keeping trying and enjoying achieving what they set out to do.
- Creating and thinking critically-thinking: Having their own ideas; making links and choosing ways to do things.